Actor Kel Mitchell delighted fans at 90s Con in Hartford, Connecticut on Friday, appearing in character as his beloved Good Burger persona Ed and revealing exciting new projects on the horizon with longtime collaborator Kenan Thompson.
During his solo panel at the Connecticut Convention Center, Mitchell, 46, shared that he and Thompson have already discussed plans for a third Good Burger film. "We teased it at the end of the movie - we're gonna go to space. We're going to Fast and Furious this thing," Mitchell told the enthusiastic crowd. He promised fans won't have to wait another 15 years, as they did between the original 1997 film and 2023's Good Burger 2.
The actor also revealed discussions about reviving "Kenan & Kel," their hit 1990s Nickelodeon series, with a fresh twist reflecting their current lives as husbands and fathers. The potential revival would reunite the duo who first gained fame as cast members of "All That" in 1994.
Mitchell's interactive panel included singing, taking selfies with fans, and even FaceTiming with attendees. The actor, who has maintained strong ties to Nickelodeon throughout his career, reflected on his character work, noting how deeply he connects with his various roles, including Ed and Coach Kreeton.
"When people see them, it's not even me. They're just like, 'Oh, Ed,' or 'Oh, Coach Kreeton,'" Mitchell previously told Business Insider, describing how he views his characters as having lives of their own.
90s Con continues through Sunday, March 30, bringing nostalgic entertainment to fans at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford.