Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/katbla12/multipleverses.com/wp-content/plugins/addthis/addthis_social_widget.php on line 1240
HALLOWEEN AND HORROR THEMED PROPS AND COSTUMES UP FOR BID ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30 IN EL SEGUNDO, CA
SPONSORED BY PREMIERE PROPS, BEBO, FANGORIA ENTERTAINMENT, SCREAMFEST, AFTER DARK FILMS AND SHOCKTILLYOUDROP.COM
EL SEGUNDO (OCTOBER 7, 2010) – Premiere Props announced today they will be showcasing over 500 never-before-seen Halloween and horror props with Fangoria Entertainment as part of Fangoria’s Annual Horror Movie Prop and Costume Live Auction at the Premiere Props warehouse.
Fangoria’s Annual Horror Movie Prop and Costume Live Auction features iconic items from some of Hollywood’s scariest films. Horror fans will jump at the chance to own Freddy Krueger’s iconic ripped and bloody sweater from Friday The 13th or an original paper mask seen onscreen in Michael Myers’ hospital room from Rob Zombie’s Halloween. Additional horror memorabilia includes Michael Myers’ bat from Halloween II, the iconic wooden bat used by horror legend Eli Roth in Inglourious Basterds, a dirty, large wood cross from Exorcist: The BEGINNING and screen used props from Saw III, including severed limbs and autographed boots from star Shawnee Smith! Hero costumes and props from the upcoming release of Summit Entertainment’s RED (based on the Marvel comic book) including hatchets, the RED manila folder, rubber knives, the hero detonator pen and costumes worn by stars Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Bruce Willis will be on the auction block. Other props and costumes available come from Hollywood’s new classics, such as Sleepy HOllow, Devil, Red Dragon, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Piranha 3D, Sorority Row, My Bloody Valentine and more.
In honor of the auction, Bebo.com, the world’s fourth largest social network, Fangoria Entertainment, Premiere Props, Screamfest, After Dark Films and ShockTillYouDrop.com have teamed together to sponsor a short horror film contest. Those entering the FINAL CALL contest will submit a short, 1-minute film shot and edited entirely on their cell phone. Three winners will be selected by the judges, with prizes including cash, gift certificates and electronics. The winners will be announced during the Fangoria’s Annual Horror Movie Prop and Costume Live Auction and posted online at the sponsors’ respective sites, hitting worldwide distribution and over 60 million users! The winning videos will also be shown during the auction. For more information, full contest details and where to submit online, please visit www.PremiereProps.com.
“This is a great opportunity for all those burgeoning horror filmmakers out there to show their talents,” explained Adam Levin, CEO of Bebo. “We’re excited to get our users involved in such a cool and captivating contest.”
To scare up the Halloween feeling, the Premiere Props warehouse will be decorated in full fright mode, with a shopping spree to Robinson Beautilities in Los Angeles awarded to a fan attending in the best costume. Horror visionaries will stop by the Premiere Props warehouse throughout the auction for special Q&A sessions.
“The internet’s biggest sites and influencers have all come together to support this annual auction,” said Dan Levin, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Premiere Props. “Our judging panel includes top horror film critics, actors, producers and festival sponsors, opening up a huge opportunity for aspiring filmmakers to make their presence known and have their talents recognized instantly.”
The live auction takes place on Saturday, October 30, at Premiere Props’ warehouse in El Segundo, California (128 Sierra Street, El Segundo, CA 90245). There will be a preview from 9am – 11am PST, before the auction starts at 11am. Fangoria’s Annual Horror Movie Prop and Costume Live Auction will be hosted by Leo Quinones from “The Film Freak Movie Talk Show” on KFWB NewsTalk 980AM Los Angeles and can be seen on Premiere Props’ 3 camera LIVE broadcast show online.
The Fangoria’s Annual Horror Movie Prop and Costume Live Auction will feature movie collectibles, props and costumes including:
- Nightmare on Elm Street: Part 5 – Freddy Krueger’s (Robert Englund) screen worn, iconic red and green half sweater from A Nightmare on Elm Street: Part 5, box framed in a metal six side frame with three screen shots of Freddy and name plate
- Exorcist: The Beginning – Dirty and worn, gold and purple with painted stones large wooden cross like design with dirty wood base
- Saw III – Amanda’s (Shawnee Smith) black leather zip up ‘Fahoes’ boot, autographed by ‘Shawnee Smith Saw III’ in black Sharpee
- Saw III – Bloody head wound piece used in Saw III framed with the Certificate of Authenticity, picture from the scene, SAW III logo, and Head Wound in a brown with glass box frame
- Saw III – Jigsaw’s (Tobin Bell) manila envelope given to Amanda (Shawnee Smith) during the Re-Birth scene, framed in a black metal with glass frame with a Certificate of Authenticity, screen shot, and film cell
- Saw III – Tim the Rackman’s (Mpho Koaho) screen used, hero, prosthetic left leg with bone sticking out, framed in a black wood frame with the glass removed on the front, screen shot from the film, title plate, and Certificate of Authenticity
- Halloween II – Michael Myers (Tyler Mane) screen used, hero, beat up metal baseball bat with dirty tape at the handle
- Halloween II – Laurie Strode’s (Scout Taylor-Compton) screen used clear orange plastic with white plastic lid pill bottle and orange and white fake capsules inside
- Inglourious Basterds – Rusted silver metal ax with smooth thick wooden handle and thick blade with sharp edge
- Inglourious Basterds – Sgt. Donny Donowitz’s (Eli Roth) screen used, hero, bloody, rubber and foam with wood insert, worn light brown wood ‘Hutton & Aldrich Co. Hard Knox, 100% Genuine Sugar Maple, Made In The USA Knoxville, TN’ baseball bat broken in parts of the barrel with blood
- Piranha 3D – Sheriff Julie Forester’s (Elisabeth Shue) screen worn, hero, bloody sheriff costume, includes shirt, tank, pants and wardrobe tag
- Piranha 3D – Matt Boyd’s (Richard Dreyfuss) screen used, hero, slightly bloody, wood oar
- Resident Evil: Afterlife – Alice’s (Milla Jovovich) Hero, bloody silver painted wooden dummy katana
- Resident Evil: Afterlife – Claire Redfield’s (Ali Larter) screen worn, hero, dirty from production, black and green nylon, metal clip in the front, pocket in the back, ‘Blackhawk’ tactical belt with attached gun holster with two leg straps with clips in the front
- Sleepy Hollow – Hessian Horseman’s (Christopher Walken) screen used, hero, brown and black hard rubber right handed axe
- My Bloody Valentine – Murdered Nurse’s screen worn, bloody and ripped white short sleeve “Landau” nurses uniform and white “The Body Company” nurses shoes
- Sorority Row – Mrs. Crenshaw’s (Carrie Fisher) screen used, hero, brown wood cane with gold wood pigeon on the top
- Sorority Row – Ellie Morris’ (Rumer Willis) screen used, hero, brown wood makeshift weapon
- Sorority Row – Very bloody, white, brown, and red wool large ‘Blood Soaked Ground Blanket’ with tassels
- Devil – Black with white and red ‘Devil’ logo on one side and red ‘M. Night Shyamalan’ chairback
- Scary Movie 4 – Cindy’s (Anna Faris) screen used, stainless steel scalpel
About Premiere Props
Premiere Props is the leading marketing memorabilia company to market, authenticate, package, and distribute exclusive movie memorabilia. Since 2001, Premiere Props has represented over 300 movies to date and continues to grow strong. Premiere Props works with some of the largest motion picture studios and independent distributors in the world, such as Paramount Pictures, Twentieth Century Fox, Miramax, MGM, The Weinstein Company, Sony Screen Gems, Lionsgate, TriStar, Spyglass Entertainment, Summit Entertainment, Alcon and many more.
Bebo is a social media network that combines community, connections, self-expression and entertainment via a range of social tools, games and a growing mobile platform. Bebo has 117 million registered users across the globe, including in the U.S., the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Poland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, India, Pakistan and the Netherlands. Bebo launched in 2005 and was acquired by AOL in March 2008 for $850 million before being purchased by Criterion Capital Partners in June of 2010. For more on Bebo go to http://www.bebo.com/c/about
FANGORIA sliced its way onto the scene in 1979, becoming the only national publication devoted to the modern horror genre. Three decades later, FANGORIA is still the number one authority on all things scary! FANGORIA provides the best in horror entertainment and news coverage including the website, magazine, comic book division, convention circuit, and TV On-Demand Channel. FANGORIA ENTERTAINMENT: We know what scares you!
About After Dark Films
Founded in 2006 by film producer/director/writer Courtney Solomon and real estate and textile financier Allan Zeman, After Dark Films is a leader in independent film finance, production and acquisition of genre films for theatrical release.
After Dark is perhaps best known for its creation and execution of After Dark Horrorfest® – 8 Films to Die For® (www.horrorfestonline.com). Debuting in 2006, After Dark Horrorfest ® is a one week national film festival that celebrates all areas of the horror genre. In its first year, Horrorfest became the first film festival in history to break into the Top 10 at the national box office, grossing over $2.5 million additionally, it reached great success with over 1.6 million DVDs currently in circulation through distribution partner Lionsgate.
After Dark’s initial film release was the box office success An American Haunting (2006), written, directed and produced by Courtney Solomon. An American Haunting opened at the #2 spot in the nation, and maintained its position for four weeks. Subsequent releases include The Abandoned; Skinwalkers, starring Jason Behr, Rhona Mitra and Matthew Knight; Captivity, starring Elisha Cuthbert and directed by Oscar-nominee Roland Joffe (The Killing Fields), and Frontier(s), directed by Xavier Gens (Hitman). Building upon the success of Horrorfest®, After Dark Films has developed a second series in partnership with Lionsgate entitled After Dark Originals, “A New Brand of Fear”. The series is set to debut in January 2011. For more information, please visit www.afterdarkoriginals.com.
About Screamfest LA
Screamfest was formed in 2001 by producer Rachel Belofsky to give filmmakers and writers in the horror genre a venue to introduce their work to the industry. Screamfest discovered and helped launch Paranormal Activity. Screamfest is a 501 3 (c) non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the careers of talented directors and writers within the genre.
ShockTillYouDrop.com is one of the web’s leading horror movie entertainment portals. An offshoot of Crave Online’s ComingSoon.net, the site offers readers round-the-clock industry news updates, exclusive interviews and set visits, reviews and video content. The site is operated by managing editor/writer/horror movie expert Ryan Rotten who has been writing about the genre for 10 years. His writings have appeared in Fangoria magazine and Creative Screenwriting. He has participated in various documentaries seen on G4, Starz and on DVD lending his insight on the fright business.
iCollector was one of the first companies dedicated to trading antiques, fine art and premium collectibles on the Internet. Today, armed with more than ten years of experience in the Antique and Collectible sector having run thousands of successful Internet auctions, iCollector empowers hundreds of the world’s leading auctioneers with the tools and support to maximize their results broadcasting their auctions live on the Internet. iCollector has facilitated the sale of tens of millions of dollars of merchandise online and continues to provide unsurpassed service and technology to auctioneers wishing to achieve top dollar values for their auction merchandise.
Founded in November 2002, Manhattan-based LiveAuctioneers.com provides real-time Internet bidding capability to more than 900 auction houses in a dozen countries. LiveAuctioneers.com has opened up once-exclusive sales to the cyber community worldwide through online publication of auction catalogs, and universally accessible Internet live bidding. For further information, log on to www.liveauctioneers.com.